About Bearing World Journal
Purpose of the Bearing World Journal is to publish regularly scientific reports related to rolling and plain bearings. It will publish papers about fundamental research with keeping an eye on the industrial application.
The high quality of Bearing World Journal is ensured by the peer review process, which is carried out by the Bearing World Scientific Board.
Bearing World Scientific Board
- Scott Bair, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Prof. Hans-Werner Zoch, IWT Stiftung Institut für Werkstofftechnik, Bremen, Germany
- Prof. Harry Bhadeshia, University of Cambrigde, Great Britain
- Prof. Stefan Björklund, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Prof. Benyebka Bou-Said, Institut National Des Sciences Appliquées (INSA) Lyon, France
- Prof. Ludger Deters, TU Magdeburg, Germany
- Prof. Duncan Dowson, University of Leeds, Great Britain
- Prof. Rob Dwyer-Joyce, University of Sheffield, Great Britain
- Prof. Michel Fillon, Université de Poitiers, France
- Prof. Sergei Glavastkih, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Prof. Irina Goryacheva, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
- Prof. Feng Guo, Qingdao Technological University, China
- Prof. Martin Hartl, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
- Prof. Stathis Ioannides, Imperial College London, Great Britain
- Prof. Georg Jacobs, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Prof. Motohiro Kaneta, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
- Prof. Michael M. Khonsari, Louisiana State University, USA
- Prof. Ivan Krupka, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
- Prof. Roland Larsson, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Prof. Antonius Lubrecht, Institut National Des Sciences Appliquées (INSA) Lyon, France
- Prof. Piet Lugt, SKF Nieuwegin; University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands
- Prof. Jianbin Luo, State Key Laboratory of Tribology, Tsinghua University, China
- Prof. Guillermo Morales-Espejel, INSA Lyon, France
- Prof. Anne Neville, University of Leeds, Great Britain
- Prof. Hiroyuki Ohta, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan
- Prof. Gerhard Poll, Leibniz University Hanover, Germany
- Prof. Martin Priest, University of Bradford, Great Britain
- Prof. Farshid Sadeghi, Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana, USA
- Prof. Richard Salant, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Prof. Bernd Sauer, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Prof. Ian Sherrington, University of Central Lancashire, Great Britain
- Prof. Hugh Spikes, Imperial College London, Great Britain
- Prof. Gwidon Stachowiak, Curtin University Australia, Australia
- Prof. Kees Venner, University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands
- Prof. Philippe Vergne, Institut National Des Sciences Appliquées (INSA) Lyon, France
- Prof. Fabrice Ville, Institut National Des Sciences Appliquées (INSA) Lyon, France
- Prof. Sandro Wartzack, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Prof. John A. Williams, University of Cambridge, Great Britain
This journal is edited by
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerhard Poll, Initiator, Head of international Scientific Board
- Christian Kunze, Editor-in-chief
- Dr.-Ing. Arbogast Grunau, President of the FVA Management Board
The peer review process follows this pattern:
The authors submit to the editors.
The editors decide on the acceptance and name three reviewers to the publisher.
The publisher will run the review process which will have two loops if necessary. The publisher will not disclose the names of the reviewers to the authors and will pass on the comments anonymously.
The paper will be published if at least two of the reviewers approve.
Each author who submits his paper will accept and assure that:
- The paper is written by the author and the named co-authors only. Any other person or institution who supported the paper will be named in the acknowledgements for transparence reasons.
- The author has not used any other sources than named in the paper. Primary data have not been falsified and samples are chosen by scientific standards.
- The author and co-authors give consent in the publication of their paper.
- The author assures that the paper has not been published in any other publication and, in case copyright protected content is included, consent for publication has been obtained from the copyright holder.
Each reviewer who will takeover his task will accept and assure that:
- The reviewer will communicate any conflict of interests to the editors in order to ensure an unbiassed peer review.
- Reviewers will not breech intellectual property rights of the authors.
- The review will take place to maintain the scientific standard of this journal and the editorial purpose of this journal. They will handle the information gained by reviewing confidentially.
- They will not communicate directly with the authors in order to maintain the anonymity of the peer review process.
Disputes between reviewers and authors are settled by the scientific board by simple majority.
Errata will be published at: www.bearing-world-journal.vdmapublishing.com
Comments and contributions to further discussions are published .there under the supervision of the editors.